2011 Sidoxia – IC Greatest Hits
There was some entertaining dancing going on early in 2011, but for the most part, the year brought a lot of rock ‘n’ roll on its way to what looks like a flattish year on a return basis. Sidoxia Capital Management and Investing Caffeine (IC) followed everything from the Royal Wedding and Charlie Sheen to the debt ceiling debate and the Arab Spring. Amongst all the celebration and chaos, IC pounded away at the keyboard and reported on the financial markets and the virtues of investing. Out of the 80 or so postings at IC this year, here are my top 11 favorites of 2011:
• Spoonfuls of Investment Knowledge: Classic investment quotes and tenets.
• 10 Ways to Destroy Your Portfolio: Investment mistakes to avoid.
• Solving Europe and Your Deadbeat Cousin: Putting the European financial crisis in context.
• A Serious Situation in Jackson Hole: The “Situation” meets Ben Bernanke.
• It’s the Earnings, Stupid: Stock prices and the inextricable ties with earnings.
• Innovative Bird Keeps All the Worms: Innovative not first mover gains the prize.
• Snoozing Your Way to Investment Prosperity: How to invest and sleep well during financial market mayhem.
• The Fallacy of High P/E’s: Sustainably high earnings growth can trump high P/E ratios.
• Gospel from 20th Century Investment King: Investment maxims from legend Sir John Templeton.
• The 10 Investment Commandments: Charles Ellis passes down key laws to investment disciples.
• Share Buybacks and Bathroom Violators: Pet peeves in the bathroom and share repurchase.
Happy Holidays and Happy New Year from Investing Caffeine and Sidoxia Capital Management!
Wade W. Slome, CFA, CFP®
Plan. Invest. Prosper.
DISCLOSURE: Sidoxia Capital Management (SCM) and some of its clients own certain exchange traded funds, but at the time of publishing SCM had no direct position in any other security referenced in this article. No information accessed through the Investing Caffeine (IC) website constitutes investment, financial, legal, tax or other advice nor is to be relied on in making an investment or other decision. Please read disclosure language on IC “Contact” page.